Fuel Your Future With Our Internship Program
We offer a paid summer internship program for engineering students to put their textbook knowledge to practical use. Using a hands-on approach, students walk away with experience, relationships and an understanding of what it means to do engineering consulting.
Do Important Work
That Moves the World
At Argus, we believe that engineering has a purpose greater than function. Creating and maintaining fuels infrastructure connects people, propels commerce, and moves us all forward.
We do the important work of safe-guarding fuel quality, health and safety protocols, system reliability, compliance with standards and codes, and protection of the environment.
We Love Mentoring the Engineers of Tomorrow
We know it takes hard work and determination to become a Professional Engineer.
But keep at it! The world needs brilliant engineers and it is incredibly fulfilling to see your designs in use.
Why choose a career in engineering?
- Job satisfaction
- Variety of career opportunities
- It is a top initiative for U.S. engineering firms to be more inclusive and diverse
- Potential to benefit society
- Continued innovation
- Challenging work and creative thinking
- Intellectual development
- Technological and scientific discovery
- Financial security
- Respected and trusted professional environment
"I am endlessly grateful for the people here and I wish I could tell everyone individually just how appreciative I am. I couldn't have picked a better place for a first year internship experience."
"Being surrounded by such educated and friendly people has been the biggest asset for me here."
"It was incredibly awesome that I was able to travel and do so much this summer. It showed me exactly what I was getting into with Civil Engineering."
"The knowledge I gained about what actually goes into being a consulting engineer was most beneficial to me. I had always looked at engineers as the people who designed products...never really as the people that put them all together. The latter, which Argus has shown me, is what I would like to do with my career."
"My coworkers have devoted a lot of time to making sure that I understand the industry and that I understand what we do."
Argus Internship Exit Survey Responses
Internships are Invaluable for Students and Firms
- Encourage your interest and identify your discipline
- Bring your textbook knowledge and lectures to life.
- Try your hand at your craft, or try something new.
- Find a mentor.
- Argus interns say they understand concepts and calcs much better when they return to school after a summer of practical use of their knowledge.
- Transfer of knowledge
- Like many trades, Engineering is struggling with the graying of the industry, it's important that our future engineers and leaders have the opportunity for mentorship and development from our seasoned professionals.
- Firms develop a pipeline of qualified and experienced talent
- Foster relationships and find the right match
- A company is more than just a job, it's important that you find the right professional environment, including individual and team strengths and personalities, company culture and values, your interest in the work the firm does, quality of deliverables and employee benefits.
Connect with Us
Ready to learn more about our internship opportunities? We want to learn more about you, too.
Argus is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits discrimination in any term or condition of employment in its hiring, training, promotion and compensation practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.